astore

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

the right "frame" of mind

***Simply Living has moved!  Come check us out at http://www.simplylivingjen.com for new updates ***

With so many options, how does one choose?  That's what I've been asking myself the last few days while working on my silhouette pictures.  I finally settled on two dark oval 11x14 frames from Michael's.  I was lucky to score the 50% store promotion, on top of my 25% off on frames coupon.  I got the set for 30 beans and I'm pretty happy with the outcome.  Lets take a looksie shall we?
Poor quality...but better size reference.
An up close peek.
I'm pretty happy with the final outcome, but still have even more visions!  Here's a sneak peak...
awww

I had high hopes for using this frame:


Found at good old Ikea.  But the dimensions are pretty large, and I don't want to end up dwarfing the photo of us in the middle.  But ever since I saw this frame I thought it just screamed silhouette.  I thought so...but I'm not sure if that's the direction I want to take after all.  I might stop in and visit my favorite Swedish friends soon and see what I think.  I do have to keep in mind that they won't always be above my bed, and therefore bigger might be better.  Decisions decisions!

And finally, I need to make a decision as to what background color to use.  Right now I just have cream colored paper, but I was thinking a fun fabric?  Or patterned paper?  Do you think something like that would work, or should I stick to the solid?  Even more decisions...yikes!

As I'm sure you can see in the background of these photos a deliciously bubble gum pink striped wall paper.  puke.  Not my first choice that's for sure, but its been on the walls ever since my parents moved in 10+ years ago.  And extends all the way into the hall and attached bathroom.  Since moving back home last spring I've had a lot of visions, but now every nook and cranny is full of all my junk and I'm lacking motivation to spruce up.  That and a leaky bathroom ceiling are holding me back.  Maybe in the coming months I'll find some motivation and get painting.  But at the same time with B and I months away from apartment hunting we'll see if I ever get that far.

I'm sure you will see the whole process documented here when I make a final decision!

New Years Resolution:  Less stress, less clutter, less complication.  Today's progress: Less stress...check!  Saved money at Michaels because of the sales and coupons woot.  Also ordered my textbook for my class, that's a load off my shoulders, bring on the semester!.  Less clutter...check minus.  Never actually organized anything, but I did buy some new baskets at Michaels to help hide some of my "stuff"!  Less complication...no complications today!
All content, including text and original photos, are copyrighted and property of Jen Caffelle

POWr Social Media Icons

Simply Living Search Tool

Custom Search