astore

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Stuff I like Sunday #1

***Simply Living has moved!  Come check us out at http://www.simplylivingjen.com for new updates ***

Since most of my inspiration comes from searching the web and checking out all your lovely projects, I decided to create a day for some of my favorite finds.  Welcome to the first Stuff I like Sunday!  Each Sunday I will feature 5 things that I have bookmarked for future projects I can't wait to try.

Each time I borrow an idea for a project I always link back to where I found the project, but I decided a little extra shout out never hurts!  If your project is one of the 5 I feature, feel free to grab my featured button, or Stuff I like Sunday found on the right side, or found here:

Simply Living

Simply Living

#1: First up is the lovely Valentine Art work Maggie from Black and White created:
Click the photo to see her tutorial
Isn't it absolutely adorable?  I love that something so simple was created in Word!  I don't have photoshop on my computer, so I love ideas like this that don't involve any fancy and expensive programs.  Thanks for the great Valentine Idea Maggie!

#2:  I'm loving the felt Dahlia Katie made over at Food Wine & Mod Podge.  The name of her blog alone confirms that she's a woman after my own heart!  Check out how cute!

Click the photo to see her tutorial
I've been doing a lot with felt lately, as you can tell, and can't wait to give this flower a try.  It looks a bit time consuming, so it might have to wait for a while, but I think that it is just absolutely stunning.  Great work Katie!



#3:  The super cute and incredibly functional boot tray Ashli made over at Maillardville Manor:
Click the photo to see her tutorial
Talk about simple, functional, cheap, and cute.  With winter (eventually) ending, and spring rain on its way, I think this would be a great project to get ready.  Sure beats all the puddles on the kitchen floor!  Love the idea Ashli!

#4:  I instantly fell in love with Alisha's Valentines Topiary Tree over at Homemaking Honeys.  How cute!
Click the photo to see her tutorial
I've already been working on some Valentine themed Topiaries, but with a different colored ribbon I think this would be great for other holidays, or even as a Christmas tree ornament with a little ribbon loop attached to the top.  Can't wait to give it a try, thanks for the inspiration Alisha!

#5:  The final project that really caught my eye this week was Sabrina's adorable party invitations:
Click the photo to view her tutorial
Once again, what a simple way to create a project without the expensive and extra programs, I already have powerpoint on my computer, score!  Can't wait to throw a party and put my own spin on this invitation idea.  I'm sure the shower was a hit, thanks for the fabulous tutorial Sabrina!!

You all have instilled so much inspiration in me, can't wait to find the time to give some of these a spin!  Stop in next Sunday so see 5 more things I like!

Happy Sunday Everyone!
All content, including text and original photos, are copyrighted and property of Jen Caffelle

POWr Social Media Icons

Simply Living Search Tool

Custom Search