astore

Monday, February 14, 2011

Finished Wall Art

***Simply Living has moved!  Come check us out at http://www.simplylivingjen.com for new updates ***

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!  I hope you all had a chance to love up on your favorites.

Because of his practice schedule I didn't get to see B today, but we made up for it yesterday!  He cooked a delicious meal, (steak, loaded mashed potatoes, and fresh green beans, yummmm!), gave me some pretty flowers, and promised a weekend away at an adorable little bed and breakfast in RI - to be cashed in on sometime late March, early April.  Can't wait for his season to be done, and a break from coaching...for a few months anyways!  Love that man with all my heart, and I couldn't be happier to spend another Valentine's Day as a big puddle of mush.
He knows me well, I have a soft spot for every Daisy :)
Today was a pretty fantastic day!  Waffles and coffee at work with some lovely co-workers was the perfect way to start the day.  Not to mention the 60 degree weather!  Even though tomorrow is supposed to be back to freezing, a little hint of spring was a welcome surprise from mother nature.  And today not only marks a day of love, but also marks 5 months since my last seizure.  I recently was diagnosed with a seizure disorder, after having two grand mal seizures out of the blue.  Since the second one I have been on medication and have (knock on wood) not experienced anything since.  One more month and I can drive again...I'm excited, and feeling great!  No words can describe how scary and confusing the seizures have made my life, but I'm finally feeling back on track!

Since B was off being a good coach tonight I spent the night finishing up my Wall Art (click for the tutorial), listening to love songs on Pandora, and eating smoked cheese.  Worked for me!  I picked up a couple plain black frames at Ocean State and got to work!
After checking to make sure the canvas fit in my frame, I pulled out what grey paint I had left from my sample.  Remember I am trying to match the bookcase I painted with the Martha Stewart Anvil paint sample.  That sample made it through a bookcase, small areas on my canvas, and the frame!  Bargain!!
Here it is after 2 coats of paint:

I'm loving the way the painting looks inside!

Here's how it looks hanging on the wall (please ignore the hideous wall paper...we've already discussed how badly that needs to go!):

 As you can tell from the last picture, it wound up in my bathroom.  Not the original plan, but I'm loving it right now!  Wait for the full reveal soon!

As you can also see in the last picture, I was also working on an adorable bathroom topiary today.  Here's a sneak peek...but be sure to come back for the full tutorial in the next few days!

Thanks for stopping by everyone, hope cupid was good to you!



Simply Living

All content, including text and original photos, are copyrighted and property of Jen Caffelle

POWr Social Media Icons

Simply Living Search Tool

Custom Search