astore

Monday, February 28, 2011

Flower Pomander

***Simply Living has moved!  Come check us out at http://www.simplylivingjen.com for new updates ***

Hi Everyone!  I decided to record a quick video tutorial so that I could link up with Mandy @ Sugar Bee Craft Edition's VBlog link party!  Head on over and check out the videos!  I love her idea of getting to see what some of the bloggers look like "live", we usually only get to see static pictures on blogs!

If you remember from my Stuff I like Sunday #5 post, yesterday, I featured the cute Pomander Balls Courtney made.  They were super easy to do, so I made a couple in spring colors...bring on the nice weather!  If you are unable to watch the video below, I decided to also do a text/picture tutorial, so just keep scrolling down!

Hopefully you can see the video, check out the horrendously ugly wallpaper I so frequently mention!

All the supplies you need:  Craft paper, Flower hole punch, styrofoam ball, push pins.  That's it!  How simple!

Step 1: Punch out a bunch of flowers!
Step 2:  With some of your flowers, fold up the petals, this will help give it some texture in the end.  I recommend doing this ahead of time with a bunch of flowers, that way you don't have to keep stopping.
Step 3: Grab your styrofoam ball, hold a flat flower down in place:
Step 4:  Take one of the flowers with the folded petals, layer this on top of the flat flower:
Step 5:  Stick in the push pin to secure in place:
Step 6:  Continue adding flowers on in the same fashion.  Try not to leave too big of a gap, you don't want styrofoam showing through!
 Step 7:  Continue to cover the entire ball.  I left about a 2 inch gap on the bottom so that my ball would not roll around.  Feel free to cover the whole styrofoam ball if you want to add the Pomanders to a vase or dish.
 Step 8:  Sit back and admire your handy work!  Love how cute they are!

Try a couple different sizes, I think they would be adorable!  If you want to check out the tutorial for the painted shelf I created, that they are sitting on top of, click here!

Also, please be sure to stop by and enter my first ever giveaway!

Photobucket




Simply Living


All content, including text and original photos, are copyrighted and property of Jen Caffelle

POWr Social Media Icons

Simply Living Search Tool

Custom Search