Hi Everyone! It's been a while since I've posted a tutorial, so get ready, this one's a doozy!
With Spring just around the corner I decided to make something with a fresh and springy feel. While perusing the Christmas Tree Shop last weekend I found a pretty simple off white teapot, boring on it's own, but it was less than $8 and I knew I could spruce it up!
I was now in business! The first thing I did was grab some left over .16 cent tiles from my coaster project to practice on. I tried a couple different ideas to see what looked good, and to also get a sense of what my applicator bottle felt like. I highly suggest taking this extra time. It was a waste of tile, but they were inexpensive and I wanted to get the feel of painting on porcelain rather than just practicing on paper:
Now I was ready to give the teapot a go. I followed the same steps, tape the template onto the teapot, trace around with small dots of paint, remove, and reapply. I was careful to let the paint dry a little before removing my template because I didn't want anything to smudge. Here is how it started coming together:
Happy almost spring everyone!