My adventures, and misadventures, as I stumble around finding my place in the world.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Stuff I like Sunday #7 + #8

After my blogging hiatus last week, I owe you all an extra Stuff I Like Sunday...so this will be a double feature!  Get ready for 10 things that have inspired me!!
Simply Living
As always, if you were featured, please feel free to grab a button:
Simply Living
Simply Living
Now on to the goodies!

#1:  Kate over at Centsational Girl made the most darling personalized candles.  Yes, if you notice, her post is from December of 2009...but so what if I browse through archives...and keep things bookmarked for ever with out actually trying them myself...someday!
Click on the photo to see her tutorial
Kate has a really detailed and great tutorial, be sure to check it out.  I think I will be giving this a go this holiday season...unless I find time to make some spring themed candles!  Thanks Kate!

#2:  Maggie at Black and White {Side by Side} spiced up the Ikea Lack table.  If you remember my tile project, I also attempted to spice up the good old Lack.  I do love me a good Ikea Hack:
Click on the photo to see her project
I think her table came out great!  What a cute idea Maggie!

#3:  Annie from Peppermint Plum made the cutest, and easiest, bathroom door makeover:
Click on the link to see her project
I don't know why, but I love this so much!  It's so whimsical and cute.  I'm pretty sure my bathroom door will be getting the same makeover...

#4:  Miss Mustard Seed came up with these classy chalkboard labels for her canisters:
Click on the photo to see her tutorial
I'm loving the texture and simplicity.  Chalkboard paint is great for changing what she stores in the canisters as well.  So cute!

#5:  Emily over at Sisters of the Wild West came up with a great way to recycle old towels:
Click on the photo to see her tutorial
I love these bathroom rug ideas!  If you remember from a couple weeks ago I featured a similar recycled towel bath mat from Fine Craft Guild.  Now I can't decide which one I would like to make first!  I love this idea so much!!

#6:  I'm really loving the simple and cute recipe card holder Staci over at Life's Sweeter with Chocolate came up with:
Click on the photo to see her project
What a great way to keep your recipe cards at eye level, and out of the food preparation mess!  I usually have cookbooks or my laptop open on the counter, but if I use a recipe card, this would be a great kitchen tool to have!

#7:  I love the simple button art I found over at Auntie Lolo Crafts:
Click on the photo to see her project
I have a ton of buttons lying around, I'm going to make some art out of them!  Thanks for the idea Lolo!

#8:  I'm simple head over heals for the eggs Vivienne created over at The V Spot:
Click on the photo to see her tutorial
I can't even stand that these were made out of the cheap plastic Easter eggs!  How cute!  They look adorable and really pretty in the birds nest.  What an inexpensive but effective project!  Bring on spring!

#9:  How creative and awesome is this sunburst mirror, over at Flamingo Toes?!
Click on the photo to see her tutorial
I love it!  And she created it from mainly household items...silverware, plate, mirror, cardboard, and lots and lots of hot glue.  I think I can handle that!  This would make such a whimsical addition to any kitchen/dining area!  Loving it!

#10:  Another project to feature from Stacy at Not Just a Housewife:
Click on the photo to see her tutorial
I love that she built this table from scratch.  And it look pretty manageable...even for a non-furniture builder like myself.  I might give this one a go!  I also love her springy and fresh paint choice.  So cute.

That about wraps us up for this week.  Thank you everyone for bearing with me and sticking around!  I promise to be around more this week!  Loves to you alllll

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out about my eggs! I'm following you now, so please post about it when you give 'em a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the feature! Grabbing your button right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for featuring my mirror! I am so glad you like it. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate all of your feedback!

Simply Living Search Tool

Custom Search