astore

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A couple little things

***Simply Living has moved!  Come check us out at http://www.simplylivingjen.com for new updates ***

One of the biggest perks of being a teacher, are the school vacation weeks.  I get a built in week of no work...without needing to use up sick days, personal days, vacation time, or anything like that.  This is one of the first April Vacations I haven't had a trip planned, but B and I were planning to use the week to go apartment hunting.  Since we got that finished ahead of time, we have plenty of time to relax!

After a hair raising day at work Friday, I kicked off vacation at the nail salon with sister #1.  A manicure was the best cure for a long work week, and a much deserved vacation!  Things only got better when I came home to find a package in the mail, with the ring I had ordered from LittleMissMomma!  So pretty, I just love it!
Saturday B and I got to spend the day together just hanging out.  It was lovely, after not seeing each other all week long!  We cooked a delicious dinner, which was ended by the most amazing white chocolate mousse ever...if I do say so myself :)  That recipe is definitely a keeper!

Sunday was the usual Nursery at Church, followed by taking pictures of all the kiddos getting pony rides.  How exciting!  Then we were finally able to escape for our mini-getaway in Rhode Island.  We stayed at this adorable little Inn, in this adorable little town.  We enjoyed the sunny, but windy, weather and took a walk around town and through one of the gardens.   It was really peaceful and nice to just enjoy some time away for just the two of us.

The Inn had this amazing jacuzzi up on the roof, so we took a little dip before dinner.  I had the most incredible Finnan Haddie for dinner, and B had an equally delicious steak.  After dinner we took a quick power nap, and then it was back up to the jacuzzi.  It was a full moon, and all the stars were out.  The roof deck was circled with cute little twinkle lights, and there was nothing nicer than hanging out in the hot water while the air surrounding us was cold and crisp.  It was quiet, peaceful, relaxing, beautiful, and so romantic.  I couldn't have asked for a better night away.

The next morning we packed up, enjoyed breakfast at the Inn, and then headed off.  We stopped a couple times for some window shopping and ice cream.  Even though it wasn't the typical school vacation trip, we both had a blast, and would do it again in a heart beat.

Now, it is back to reality!  With only 26 more days until moving day (insert slight panic!) I have to spend this week cleaning, organizing, and getting ready to pack things up.  We will also be looking at couches, and new washer/dryers.  So our vacation will be relatively jam packed...and it's already Tuesday!

I'm embarrassed to say that there are still boxes that never got opened after my last move, just over a year ago.  So the first order of business was to open up all those boxes, and make spread sheets of what I have, and what I will need to get.  First up...the kitchen!  I made it through 5 boxes last night, but I'm pretty sure there are at least 1 or 2 more left in the attic:
Doesn't look like I will be purchasing ANYTHING new for our kitchen...I'm afraid our pantry will be so jam packed there won't even be room for any food!

In other news, we finally picked a color for the bathroom!  I'll post more about that later!

Have a great week everyone!

All content, including text and original photos, are copyrighted and property of Jen Caffelle

POWr Social Media Icons

Simply Living Search Tool

Custom Search