astore

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Taking a Break

***Simply Living has moved!  Come check us out at http://www.simplylivingjen.com for new updates ***

Hi All -

First of all, I'd like to thank each and every one of you readers!  I hit 300 followers the other day, and I still can hardly believe it!  Thank you thank you thank you!  I can't believe so many of you are actually interested in my day to day life, but I'm excited!

Unfortunately I'm a wicked ball of stress these days, just ready to burst open.  I have my final paper due for my graduate class on Tuesday...I'm getting observed at work on Tuesday...the bathroom still only has 2 walls painted...there are only 2 weeks left until moving day, and I haven't packed a thing!  There just aren't enough hours in the day!

To top it all off, I took my car in to get the brakes checked out on Friday, they said both the front and rear brakes needed to be replaced, which came with a $700 bill.  I swallowed that one, but couldn't argue since I want to be safe.  So we dropped the car off this morning for the 3 hour job.  Couple hours later we get a phone call from the mechanic, once they un-assembled everything, they found a part that had been recalled a few years back, and needs to be replaced.

Not only did I not know about the recall, but it was some disfunctional part that can make the rear tire pop off at any time!  ummmm scary!  So now they have to wait for that part to be delivered before they can fix anything.  Luckily I won't be charged for the part, since it was a recall, but that adds at least an extra $300 worth of labor to the bill, and my car won't be ready until Monday at the EARLIEST.

Needless to say, I had a minor break down.  With everything going on, and the move only 2 weeks away, sparing over $1000 is difficult, and life without a car is next to impossible.

I'm trying to take things one minute at a time and remind myself to breathe.  Everything is going to work out, I just have to stop getting so worked up about it all.  My plate is just too full right now.  I'm so lucky to have a man like B next to me calming me down and not getting annoyed or scared off when I almost lose it :)

Needless to say, I have to stick the old blog on the back burner for a bit.  Definitely until after Tuesday.  I'll try to pop in every now and then, but I probably won't have time to do much posting until after the move.  But once things calm down, I promise to be back in full force!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, and a much more stress free few weeks than me!  I'll be back soon, thank you for bearing with me once again!!

All content, including text and original photos, are copyrighted and property of Jen Caffelle

POWr Social Media Icons

Simply Living Search Tool

Custom Search