astore

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Through the looking glass

***Simply Living has moved!  Come check us out at http://www.simplylivingjen.com for new updates ***

This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Zenni Optical for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.
I've had glasses since I was in about the 6th grade.  I was having trouble seeing some of the things written on the board, and my Mom took me in for an eye exam.  I have to say, as a pre-teen, I was kinda bummed about the idea of having glasses.  Totally was not the best fashion statement...who wants to be the kid with "four eyes?"  This was definitely well before the days when glasses were a fashion statement.

These days life has certainly changed.  There are people out there who wear glasses, without perscription lenses, just as a fashion statement!  I have moved over to wearing contacts for daily use, but still have my trusty glasses.

Even though I wear my contacts more frequently than my glasses, I would love a new pair.  I haven't actually purchased one, because I can't justify the expense for something I don't wear all the time.  But, that was before I heard about Zenni Optical.

In the past, "cheap" glasses, or at least frames, always seemed like a hoax to me.  Too good to be true.  If they are inexpensive, the must be cheaply made and not sturdy at all.  But after looking around the Zenni Optical website, I was more than pleased with what I was seeing.

I think I did a double and triple take at the prices.  Ubelievable.  I paid more than a couple hundred dollars for my glasses, and I found almost identical frames at Zenni Optical for less than $20.  Maybe having multiple pairs of glasses, even as a fashion statement, is actually affordable!

Since many times things that look affordable and "good enough" online, aren't the same when the arrive in the mail, I decided that it was time to look at the reviews.  I was more than please to see that Time magazine had mentioned Zenni Optical!  Time is an incredibly reliable source that is followed by many readers.

That was all the reassurance that I needed.  I think I can finally get that new pair of glasses without worrying about breaking the bank, or worrying about spending too much money.  Who knows, if they are as good as they look, maybe I will even start wearing them more often than my contacts!  Not to mention the idea of getting a pair of perscription sunglasses.  That's something I've never had, but it looks like Zenni Optical might make that a possibility!

Go check them out!
Visit Sponsor's Site
All content, including text and original photos, are copyrighted and property of Jen Caffelle

POWr Social Media Icons

Simply Living Search Tool

Custom Search