astore

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Jump on the health train

***Simply Living has moved!  Come check us out at http://www.simplylivingjen.com for new updates ***

So today I tried out a new smoothie I found while pinning away on Pinterest.  SO DELICIOUS!

The original recipe was referred to as the "Green Monster".  It is packed full of good healthy things, but tastes like a delicious treat!

All you need:
1 banana
1 cup OJ
Handful of baby spinach
Handful of frozen pineapple
Handful of frozen peaches

Pop it all in the blender....and give it a spin.
It came out beautiful and green, mine still had some spinach chunks, but you could hardly even taste it.  Primarily it tasted like banana and pineapple.  You could play around with how much of each ingredient you add based on what your taste preferences are, but mine tasted absolutely delicious!  This is definitely a keeper, and came in at a mere 86 calories!  Double bonus!
For dinner we stuck to the health train and gave a new spin to the classic BLT a try.  The idea also came from a pinterest find, but I gave it my own spin.

Here is what I used:
Everything bagel thin, toasted
Smidge of mayo
Turkey bacon
Fried Egg, salted
Tomato
Avacado
Put it all together, and voila!  Messy to eat, but yummy!!

Brian gobbled it up too, which was a plus.  Look at all the fresh, healthy, and delicious food I snuck into his dinner ;-)  I think this would work well as a breakfast sandwich as well.  I'm definitely adding it to my repeat list.

So there you have it, today's healthy ventures.  And I was able to come in under my calorie goal, while boosting many of my necessary nutrients.  Good Day!
All content, including text and original photos, are copyrighted and property of Jen Caffelle

POWr Social Media Icons

Simply Living Search Tool

Custom Search