astore

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Football Food!

***Simply Living has moved!  Come check us out at http://www.simplylivingjen.com for new updates ***

Football season is upon us.  Brian couldn't be happier...

Typically for Sunday football, he heads to a friends house, and I stay home doing my own thing, checking in on the score every once and a while.  But this Sunday was the Patriots first game of the season...and his friends were busy.  So, we decided to make a day of it!
I happily headed off to Pinterest in search of some football food recipes, and was psyched with what I found!  Not to mention fall is officially here (well, unofficially, but you know...back to school and all that, it's fall) and I've been dying to get the crock pot cranking more regularly.

First off, I found a potato soup recipe that looked simple, easy, and delicious, so I added that to the top of the menu.  Dumped all the ingredients into the crock pot, and got that baby cooking!
Next on the list was appetizers for during the game.  Brian had suggested pizza, so I searched around and found a really nice white pizza dip.  We added some turkey pepperoni, which hit the spot!  It was pretty soupy and messy, but man, it was good.  And, wouldn't you know it...I never saved the recipe. For shame!
Finally, to go with the soup, I decided to try some of the really yummy looking pull breads I've seen all over the place.  So we picked up a nice loaf of uncut sour dough bread, and I searched for the best looking recipe.  Once again, surprise surprise, pinterest for the win!  Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pulls?  I think so!  Ours came out slightly too ranch flavored, but otherwise was really good.  We used shredded cheese rather than slices, and it worked just fine.  Love using what we already have in the fridge...
Pair that with the finished soup, and it was a dinner for champions!  Not to mention that the Pats won their game, Brian was a happy man.
I added some cheese and fresh chives...he added some extra bacon from the bread.  Delish!  The soup alone would have been good, it was very filling, and extremely easy.  Check out her link and recipe, I promise you won't regret it!

Happy fall ya'll!




All content, including text and original photos, are copyrighted and property of Jen Caffelle

POWr Social Media Icons

Simply Living Search Tool

Custom Search