astore

Friday, January 30, 2015

Kinetic Sand

***Simply Living has moved!  Come check us out at http://www.simplylivingjen.com for new updates ***

** Please note, this is NOT a sponsored post.  All opinions are my own **

Have you ever heard of Kinetic Sand?  Advertised as "sand in motion".  This is pure sensory GOLD! This is some of the best stuff I've come across.  Therapeutic and relaxing for adults and totally safe and entertaining for kids.


We try to incorporate all kinds of sensory activities in our Early Childhood program.  This sand is way more fun than just your average sand.  It can be molded into sold forms, similar to wet sand, but it can also easily shift and slid around with out the normal sandy mess.  So hard to describe, you just have to try it for yourself!

Here is a video to try to give you a better idea:



While the kinetic sand box doesn't actually tell you their secret recipe, I have seen a few online.  I would love to see if we can recreate our own version at school.  I like the recipe here, and here.  And you can also find it on Pinterest.  Let me know if you give it a try, or if you have any other favored sensory activities for young children.

I just can't get enough!



All content, including text and original photos, are copyrighted and property of Jen Caffelle

POWr Social Media Icons

Simply Living Search Tool

Custom Search